Die zweckgebundenen Spenden sind in ausreichender Höhe vorhanden, die Vereinbarung zum Projekt „Sauberes Wasser für Ruboni“ wurde heute von allen Vertragspartnern unterschrieben. Aus technischen Gründen können hier die Unterschriften und die Stempel nicht dargestellt werden.
Project Partner Contract
“Clean Water for Ruboni”
- The German association „Partnerschaft Gesunde Welt – Klinikverbund Südwest e.V.“
(short: “PGW“, Sponsor NGO)
1263 Weil der Stadt
1. Chairman: Wolfgang Fischer
E-Mail: w.m.e.fischer (at) gmx.de
2. Chairman: Heiner Stepper
E-Mail: heiner.stepper (at) posteo.de
Project Contact: Wolfgang Fischer
Phone +49 7033 34444
mobil +49 157 744 94 339
Counsellor Sandy Fisher, USA
Counsellor Pater Joseph, Caritas
Counsellor Stefan Kluge, Uganda
- Rwenzori Child Care Initiative (short “RCCI”, Acting NGO)
Address: P.O. 320
Director: Kule Isaak
Project Director: Kule Isaak
E-Mail: info (at) travelruboni.com
Kuleisaac65 (at) gmail.com
Phone +256 775 159 837
+256 752 613 220
Trust person: Elly Bwabu
E-Mail : bwabuelly (at) gmail.com
Bank Account See Annex B
- Municipal administration
Local council Ibanda-Kyanya T/c > Bwambale Monbt K.
b.modest34 (at) gmail.com
+256 772 782 480
Town council > Syabugha Johnson
The RUBONI WATER PROJECT COMMITTEE MEMBERS
|1||Muhindo John Jumado||Chairman||0788130870|
|10||Bwambale Robert Nason||Rep:Lc3||0780585427|
Rep- Representative, Local council one and three
VHT –Village health team
agree to cooperate in the Project “Clean water for Ruboni” as follows.
The goals and planned actions of the project are:
- In the future, the population of Ruboni and its surroundings will be supplied with clean spring water to minimize diseases and deaths, especially in young children.
- For this reason, water pipes are laid from a higher source at least 60 cm deep into the ground to be directed into a cleaning tank. The water is then directed to decentralized tanks near the residences. The water can be removed from these decentralized tanks with canisters by pressing a push button. The push button prevents unwanted water removal.
- We are going to use plastic tanks starting from the supply tank/treatment tank and the break pressure tanks. However the foundation of the tanks shall be a slab made of concrete, the sedimentation and the source shall be made of concrete.
- Refering to the area around the source the community has agreed to offer land for free to realize the water project and the source will be protected from any human activities that can negatively affect the source. This was witnessed by the chairman of the local council and the ridge leader.
- The water project does not belong to one person, it is a community based project, it belongs to everyone in the community . The committee will be working for two years after a new committee will be in charge. However it will depend on how the committee has worked because it is a voluntary work.
- The size of the land at the source is big enough (50ft x50ft) and the water committee will be responsible for the use of that land.
- We have one committee for the land. However this committee is working with the Rwenzori child care board during the planning phase and during the construction process. After its completion the water project will be handed over to the water committee by RCCI board and by a representative from the Association Partnership Healthy World,Germany.
- If our measures are not sufficient to keep the water clean and free of bacteria and viruses, we will think about further filter systems to be installed in a second step.
- After the completion of the project, we will carry out an evaluation and, with the help of a checklist from PGW, ask all residents for benefits in terms of improved living conditions, faster access to water and improved health conditions.
1. Consult with the District Water and Environmental officer.
2. Process of surveying.
3. Evaluate the community and also see the local council members.
4. Measuring the water capacity and how good or useful it is.
6. Select communities to manage the water source just in case of any kind of abuse. Thus the committee is involved to take responsibility.
7. All this process should go hand in hand with local council leaders, Ridge elders and town council engineers.
Time-Frame 6 months (10/2021 – 03/2022)
- Weisses Ballett e.V.
- Kinderhilfe-grenzenlos e.V.
- Fam. Gayde
- Fam. Sonnleitner
- Fam. Fischer
Kasese District, Ibanda-kyanya town council, Busongora County, Ruboni Village.
Ruboni is located in rural Uganda in the western region in the foothills of Rwenzori Mountains. The fact that more than 70 % of the population are staying in these hilly areas is due to traditional beliefs according to which staying on hills and near the forests would ensure good luck. It is also believed that gods stay in forests and guarantee fertile soil security and protection. The hilly areas provide viewpoints to prevent attacks from enemies.
50 years ago the size of the population was smaller. Now it has increased which has led to environmental degradation, water contamination, poor methods of farming, destruction of water sources, soil erosion.
The location of Ruboni is surrounded by 3 ridges each of which is accommodating more than 60 households with an average of 7 people in each house hold. 60% of the population are children 14 years and below.
Last year the village has been hit by floods, so most of the water streams have been destroyed and most families have no clean and safe water to drink, others are travelling long distance to get access to water.
The cost of the project is estimated to be about 37.500.000 UGX (maximum project sum are 9.000,00 Euro).
The budget and project schedule is documented in Appendix A.
The project will be funded from following sources:
PGW with special donators 9.000 Euro
Local donators 895 Euro
Current water charges: water-users
PGW will provide the following financial contribution to the project:
9.000 Euros will be transferred until 14 th October 2021
The Project Manager Kule Isaak or, in case of absence to act as a substitute Elly Bwabu, from RCCI will inform chairman Wolfgang Fischer and in Cc 2. chairman Heiner Stepper from PGW about the progress of the project, especially about significant changes in schedule (one month or more) or cost estimates (>10%).
RCCI will send PGW the following documentation:
- Every end of every two weeks PGW receive pictures of activities and a short status report
- Every end of a month PGW receive an overview of the costs incurred and the scanned invoice documents
- PGW receives an evaluation report based on the checklists prepared by PGW together with RCCI three months and 12 months after the residents commissioned the new plant.
- PGW will inform its members on www.partnerschaft-gesunde-welt.de accordingly.
This agreement is valid when signed by partners 1-3.
Ruboni, 13.09.2021 signed Kule Isaak, Director RCCI
Ruboni, 13.09.2021 signed Sabugha, J., Chairman local council Ruboni
Weil der Stadt, 13.09.2021 signed Wolfgang Fischer, Chairman PGW e.V.
Annex A: Budget
Information updated in mail of 25.08.2021
|1||Land for source and segmentation tank||100×50 ft||1||2,000,000||2,000,000||donor|
|2||Land for Reserve tank and 3 DPT||1,500,000||1,500,000||Community|
|3||Survey and BOQ||1||1,500,000||1,500,000||donor|
|17||Water proof cement||15kg||15,000||225,000||donor|
|33||HDPE reducing socket||32×25||4||18,000||72,000||donor|
|34||HDPE reducing socket||25×20||4||12,000||48,000||donor|
|73||Water tank fences||2||1,000,000||donor|
|Transport and lobour|
|75||Transport to source||2,500,000||2,500,000||donor|
Community contribution 895 Euros, Donors 8939 Euros
BANK DETAILS FOR REMITTANCES OF FOREIGN CONTRIBUTIONS
Name of Signatory Rwenzori child care initiative
Name of the Bank Centinary Rural development Bank
Account Number 3201585798
BANK SWIFT CODE CERBUGKA
Project scetch (Tanks in Plastic like described)
Siehe Bericht vom 25.08.2021